Wednesday 13 November 2013

Girl, put your records on!

Today, I looped my iTunes on Corinne Bailey's song entitled "Put Your Records On" and Sara Bareilles' "Uncharted". Both somehow started my day well. These songs never get old! It sets you in a good mood, makes you sing along, and reminds you to be nobody else other than yourself. Basically makes you feel great! :)

And listening to these songs before heading out, I definitely had a look in mind! I got inspired from Sara's looks. Her outfits are so feminine and simple. And when you say Sara Bareilles, you shouldn't miss out on the Fedora Hat! So I threw on a black one today :) Wore it with a Peach, pleated chiffon dress I bought from the SM Ladies Department Store. (So much beautiful dresses in affordable prices! You should definitely get one or more!)


And look! I found a photo of Sara that has a similar pose to mine. Quite close, that is. So much for "get that look", I just googled her photo after taking mine! :)



(And I felt a little bit artsy today. I couldn't help it, so I played with my set. Adding a sketchy rococo chair, vintage table and a phonograph, all in black and white. I've always wanted to own one!)

"Girl, put your records on, tell me your favorite song,
You go ahead, let your hair down"

Today, I went out early to drop my mom off to work and head straight to Starbucks to have breakfast. It's a "book and coffee" kind of day. The time where you can settle cozy in a couch, flip pages of your favorite books or magazines and sip a freshly warm brewed coffee made just for you.


Trying out the mirror-shot photo just like in Sara's Album Cover in "Kaleidoscope".


Here is a closer look on the dress, having a pleated bottom.




5 comments:

  1. Ate I'm a big fun of yours :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nathalie! Thanks for visiting my blog. Keep you posted! :)

      Delete
  2. Ate cousin bya ming ate sarah :))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait ��������

    ReplyDelete